Established in 1989, the Tennessee Hospice Organization (THO) is dedicated to improving patient safety and quality related to hospice care. THO members include hospice organizations caring for patients with advanced illnesses, as well as support members who believe in the goals of THO and wish to support the association. THO is advocacy-based—serving as the link between its membership and state, federal and national organizations with expertise in end-of-life care. THO also provides continuing education programs to ensure the highest quality of care is provided at the end of life for patients and loved ones; and works to increase awareness of hospice care issues among its membership and the public.
The Tennessee Hospice Organization (THO) promotes excellence in hospice, palliative and end-of-life care through education and advocacy.
Ensuring that all people living with an advanced illness and their loved ones have access to the highest quality of care and support at the end of life.
- Help Tennessee's hospices continually improve the quality of the care delivered to patients and their loved ones in our state.
- Identify and resolve questions and issues related to hospice care.
- Promote and provide communication among hospice programs within Tennessee.
- Serve as the link between state and national organizations with interest or expertise in end-of-life care, including the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Identify, develop and coordinate resource information to assist local hospice programs.
- Promote the development and dissemination of public and continuing professional education related to hospice care.